Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sari Superfoods!

"Sari" means "essence" in Indonesia. The mission of Sari Foods Company is to bring you the "Essence of Food", and to empower conscious consumers to return to nutrient dense, single ingredient, pure foods as the source of life and sustenance - just as nature intended.  I have been trying to eat healthier and to include super foods in my diet, so that I am getting nutrition from a natural source as opposed to synthetic vitamins made in a lab. I cannot tell you how excited I was to try the Sari Superfood Bundle, that included Spirulina, Acerola, and Nutritional Yeast.

Spirulina is a 100% Whole Food Based source of more than 100 nutrients, including Protein, Calcium, Essential Amino Acids (Omega 3, 6, 9's), Iron, Beta Carotene, Chlorophyll, Antioxidants, Folate (aka Folic Acid), Phytonutrients, and Prebiotics. Wow, it's no wonder they call Spirulina nature's multivitamin.  Where does this little miracle-in-a-bag come from? It is an algae that is grown in natural soda lakes in a remote area of Mongolia that is free of industry and pollution. It is a vibrant green, super fine powder that is an easy addition to any meal, but do not eat this stuff plain.


Adding Spirulina Powder to your diet may help you in the following ways:

*Strengthen your immune system, balance you pH & reduce inflammation
*Provide protection from colds, flus, other viruses…& even cancer
*Fight aging and free radicals while promoting cell regeneration
*Promote eye & skin health (helping poor vision, age spots, eczema, etc.)
*Prevent heart disease, reduce bad cholesterol & lower blood pressure
*Improve digestion by encouraging the colonization of beneficial flora
*Boost your energy, stamina, & metabolism - promoting vitality & weight loss
*Stabilize blood sugar & removes toxins from blood and digestive tract

This is a simple addition to my diet that I feel really good about. Sari Foods sent me an e-cookbook filled with Spirulina recipes for me to try.  Here are a few of my favorites:

1) Spirulina Hummus
    Simply add to your favorite hummus recipe

2) Spirulina Gomasio Shaker: traditional Japanese seasoning blend
     1 cup lightly toasted sesame seeds
     2 Tablespoons Spirulina powder
     1 Tablespoon sea salt
           Mix together and store in a container, ready to use.

3) Also great as a face mask or bath soak
       I haven't tried the bath soak yet but plan to soon. I'm a little concerned about turning my bathtub     green, I will soon find out.

4) I easily add 1 Tablespoon to any smoothie for added nutrition

The Organic Vitamin C Powder from Acerola Cherries is another great smoothie additive.  The Acerola Cherry is found deep in the jungle of Brazil. The Vitamin C in one Acerola Cherry is the equivalent of 65 oranges. It is 100% whole food Vitamin C. It also contains Vitamin A (equal to raw carrots!), B1, B2, B3, B5, Magnesium & Potassium (double that of oranges!), Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, and antioxidants.


Adding Acerola Powder to your diet may help you in the following ways:

*Reduce the severity & duration of colds
*Fight aging & protect you from the ill effects of stress
*Promote recovery & cell regeneration
*Reduce the risk of getting almost all types of cancer
*Lower cholesterol & the risk of heart disease & stroke
*Regulate blood sugar, improve circulation & blood flow
*Reduce the symptoms of allergies, asthma & arthritis

Sari Foods recommends 1 teaspoon daily. I tried mixing 1 teaspoon with a glass of water but I recommend mixing it into juice or smoothies. It has a slightly tangy taste (not at all cherry-like) that is just not appealing. But, you can hardly taste it when it is mixed with juice and it is definitely worth it for the health benefits. Sari Foods also suggests adding it to water with a touch of coconut palm sugar to make a tasty punch! 

Last, but certainly not least, the Nutritional Yeast flakes (and my favorite of all three products). Nutritional Yeast flakes are an ancient Egyptian Superfood with a delicious cheesy, nutty, creamy, flaky flavor (that's the best way to describe the unique flavor). Sari does not add synthetic nutrients to the flakes and they promise this product to be 100% whole food based and natural. The nutritional yeast is comprised of 50% protein (from a vegan source), over 20% fiber, contains all 18 amino acids and 15 minerals (including iron, selenium, and zinc), as well as a natural vitamin B-complex and Beta-glucans (known for extreme immune enhancing properties). 


Adding Pure Nutritional Yeast to your diet may help you in the following ways:

*Fight aging, promote cellular repair and guard against free radicals
*Curb appetite and promote natural and healthy weight loss
*Boost immune system, energy levels, and overall sense of wellbeing
*Increase memory, clarity and mental function; eliminate brain fog (I really need this one as I live in a constant state of brain fog)
*Improve sleep; reduce insomnia, depression and ongoing fatigue
*Balance hormones, improve mood and reduce irritability (I know a few people who need this)
*Reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke and some cancers

I have learned that I can add Nutritional Yeast to virtually any meal I eat. I love the cheesy flavor that adds a little zing to every meal. I have frequently been adding the yeast to pastas, soups, a little on top of my pizza, really anything. I must say my absolute favorite way to eat Nutritional Yeast is on popcorn! I don't know what it is but I am addicted to the combination. I have eaten more popcorn, since receiving these flakes, than I have eaten in my entire life. 

In addition to all the great health benefits of these Sari products, I also love that they are Non-GMO, Vegan, Kosher, Gluten Free, and Pesticide/Herbicide Free. You can learn more by visiting Sari Foods. The bags are said to be resealable, but do not count on that unless you have enough time in your day to spend approximately one hour resealing the bag. Once the bag is opened, the powders float around and interfere with the resealing.

All three products can be purchased through Amazon by clicking here.

*Powered by Brandbacker



No comments:

Post a Comment